Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dr. Bob Sears

Sunday, my friend Lynn and I went to see Dr. Bob Sears at a TACA event. He was on his book tour for his book The Autism Book. So glad I went, because not only did I learn so much but I got a renewed enthusiasm for biomedical. Not that we have stopped the treatments for Will but you get complacent, and it is so important to do as much as you can when they are still so young (Will just turned 4 in July). I have ordered my book from Amazon and can't wait for the UPS guy to get here! Will was on most of the items that Dr. Sears thinks is essential but there were a few that I would like to try. I need to talk to Will's DAN! doctor before we get started but I am going to read the book first.

Another thing that I was excited about from the meeting was a new product (or new to me) that Nordic Naturals has out. We have had the hardest time with getting Will to take Fish Oil. The liquid and most of the gummies he won't touch. This product is a drink or an effervescent, I put it in his bottle that he has for when he wakes up during the night (don't judge me! :) and it is sweetened with stevia so it is not bad for his teeth. We have tried it the last two nights and he drank it all up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment