Friday, March 19, 2010

This one's for you Lynn!

As soon as you become a mom you know a new type of guilt that, even if you are Catholic, you have never known before. Well being the mom of a special needs child you have even more. "Did I do anything to cause this?", "am I making the right decisions?", etc. Often I am reading on facebook about how a mom is "making a special St. Patricks day breakfast for their kids" or "making crafts together", etc. Things like this, make me feel inadequate as a mom. Stupid, I know. I am not insecure at much in my life, except this.
And then.... We have had a hell week here with Will going through Yeast die off (because of the Nystatin). For a few days he has been uncontrollable, happy one second and totally freaking out the next. Yesterday was the worst. After hours of on and off meltdowns, I was sitting on the couch holding him tight so he couldn't bite me or scratch me and just whispering "calm down" in his ear. On the verge of tears and then I had this thought, I might not be that mom that has it all together, but I bet some of those Martha Stewart types, that make everything look so easy, couldn't handle days like these. And I felt better.

4 comments:

  1. Amen sista! I wouldn't give them 2 hours with my crew before they threw in the white towel! Our hardwork will pay off with these kids, of that I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, that was Lynn by the way. Apparently Don signed in on my laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are a wonderful mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, think she is a wonderful mother!!

    ReplyDelete