Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

What a year. The end of March was when we realized that something was going on with Will and the official diagnosis was June 25th. It feels like I just found out and that we've been dealing with this for ages, all at the same time.

Dr. Sloan says we are ahead of the game with how early we started treating him and Dr. Dunbar says that based on thousands of children she has worked with she is pretty certain that Will is going to talk. Both of those things bring me comfort.

Kevin and I are taking a parent course in Jan/Feb with Dr. Dunbar at Floortime Atlanta that will teach us how to do Floortime therapy at home. I am really looking forward to the course and learning how to use Will's strengths to help him develop.

I am excited about 2009, being as hopeful as I can that we can recover Will. I enjoyed the holiday and xmas but I am anxious to get back to normal because I think the changes are a little difficult for Will.

2 comments:

  1. I **think** I'm glad to be returning back to normal. The boys did surprisingly great during the holidays. No one was more surprised than me! I'm hoping for lots and lots of conversations between the boys and I this year! That is my hope and prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Deborah

    Term Life Insurance

    ReplyDelete