Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update

I haven't posted in a while and it is because I have been pretty sad. I really would like to only put hopeful and successful posts on here to encourage the parents who read my blog, but the truth of it is there are sad times and there are times where you don't feel hopeful. We have seen improvement and I am very grateful for that. My son now will look in my eyes and not look away and that in itself is wonderful. I just more than anything want to know what Will is trying to say. He will look up at me and chat away and I have no idea. I just say stuff like "really" or " oh, I think so too", etc. but I really have no clue. It breaks my heart over and over.

He has started some stimming again and I can only attribute that to the fact that we are out of some of his supplements right now due to finances. (I have them on order right now, so we will be back on track soon!!) It has been six months since I applied for Will's Disability benefits from Social Security and we still don't have an answer, apparently they still aren't convinced that he has Autism. Maybe I should invite them over for an afternoon to babysit, ha!

Holidays are going to be difficult. Family is wonderful, but it is always hard for me to be around other kids. I see just how different Will is and that is hard. But Will has fun with his cousins and I love to see that.

I have Jenny McCarthys new book
Mother Warriors so hopefully that will give me some motivation. Now, I just have to find the time to read it : )

3 comments:

  1. When C looks into my eyes i feel he is touching my soul - as you say it is wonderful!

    Benefits are a nightmare arnt they! Hope you get it sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're being honest because I'm sure your blog gets lots of hits by parents in our shoes. It's not always pretty. Many days suck! Especially those when you're around NT kids. I wish I could give you a hug right now, my friend. Please know I am in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...my heart hurts for you...it gets better...mother warriors was awesome...but it left me angry and heavy hearted...too many stories so similar...i felt like i was re-living every mother's nightmare...but there is hope...in pain.

    i never thought my son would be where he is today...ever...i have been so scared to hope for recovery...all i can say is...slow down...it takes time...and relish in the fact that he's looking into your eyes and jabbering...i always prayed for God to give me children who wouldn't grow up too fast...lol...i have often joked i should have been more specific!

    we, too are out of supplements...trust...breathe...
    suck every moment of joy outta your precious angel...he will get better...celebrate the small steps...

    praying for you and your family...keep your holidays simple and i promise they just may be the best holidays of your life!! thank you for your honesty...i bleed my heart on my blog...it's the cheapest therapy i have found yet! :)

    ReplyDelete