Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 3- Really?

I read a lot of people saying, It is really hard but you will get used to it. It's true. Oh its not fun making two meals or using two toasters, constantly reading labels, etc. But it is truly not as hard as I thought it would be. Meat, veggie, fruit... and the convenience items that thank the Lord we have now! The Snicker doodles are a favorite.
The supplements are hard, I won't lie. There are days when I don't feel like making sure he gets his 6 pills, cod oil, and b12 lotion, melatonin (well, I don't mind the melatonin) But remembering how important they are (and Kevin's help) makes it worth it.


Day 15
Breakfast: 1/2 banana, craisins, and piece of cinnamon toast.
Lunch: Steak, green beans, strawberries
Dinner: Dijon Chicken (replace butter w/ gf marg or evoo, replace milk w/ milk sub), rice, strawberries

Day 16
Breakfast: Straw/Banana smoothie, cin toast, garbonzo beans (i know weird right? I need to go to the store)
Lunch: Left over dijon chicken and rice, apples
Dinner: Popcorn, refried beans and fritos (hamburger- wouldn't touch) peaches

Day 17
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch:
Dinner:

*** Had a couple of bad days/ didn't keep track, Will had dr. apts/therapy and I was in self pity mode. Happens.... Did meet a great friend with 2 ASD kids. I definitely think God sent her to me to help (and to make me laugh!)

Day 19
Breakfast: Craisins and Gorilla Munch Cereal
Lunch:
Dinner: Pork Fried Rice w/ soy sauce substitute (and of course no egg),
Dessert: Jello w/ fruit (I personally think this is gross but Daddy likes it! At least it wasn't pudding! lol)

Day 20
Breakfast: Mixed Fruit, Rice Almond toast, sausage
Lunch: we slept through lunch....
Dinner: Peas, watermelon, chicken (still no luck on the chicken)
Snack: popcorn and an olive (random, we were trying to see if he liked it)

Day 21
Breakfast: Hashbrowns, bacon, and oranges.
Lunch: Popcorn, banana
Dinner: Snap Peas, Ians Fish Sticks, Watermelon

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you met a friend and you are soooo lucky your son east fruits & veggies!!! (mine won't)

    ReplyDelete